About me...

Hello, my name is Matt Cline. I am twenty years old and I attend the University of South Alabama. I am currently a sophomore and major in Physical Education; teaching and coaching. Throughout my college education, I have learned several different teaching tools I hope to use myself as a teacher and basketball coach. These teaching tools include character, head fake, igoogle, podcasts, and blogs.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Podcasts

Podcasts is a teaching tool I learned through EDM310. We were assigned into groups after selecting topics from a list. My group chose the topic "How technology is used in our classrooms at South Alabama". Through preparing and performing the podcast, I learned how useful they can be to students and teachers. First off, podcasts are created by students or teachers conversing and speaking into a microphone. The conversations are recorded and are put on the internet on sites such as itunes. They could be listened to by anyone who has internet access. Although I think it will be tough to use podcasts in my physical education class, I think it is possible. Similar to blogs, students will be able to voice their opinions about their favorite parts of class as well as suggestions on how to improve certain activities. I think it is important for students to have a variety of ways to share their thoughts on their classes, and podcasting allows them too. Also, podcasts will help my students develop communication skills. Overall, podcasts is a great teaching tool for students.

No comments: