About me...

Hello, my name is Matt Cline. I am twenty years old and I attend the University of South Alabama. I am currently a sophomore and major in Physical Education; teaching and coaching. Throughout my college education, I have learned several different teaching tools I hope to use myself as a teacher and basketball coach. These teaching tools include character, head fake, igoogle, podcasts, and blogs.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Headfake

The "head fake" is definitely a tool I will use as not only a physical education teacher but also a basketball coach. I first heard the expression "head fake" by Robert Pausch. Mr. Pausch was a Carnegie Mellon University professor and inspirational speaker. In his "last speech", he talked about the "head fake". The "head fake" is basically teaching a life lesson indirectly through a separate activity. Prior to listening to Mr. Pausch, I knew of the concept of "head fake" but did not know that's what it is called. The whole "head fake" theory has been exactly why I have had the desire since high school to go into teaching and coaching as a profession. I personally learned a lot about life and my personal character through basketball and I want to teach that to teenagers. I feel like I can get positive messages across to adolescents through indirect concepts in basketball.

No comments: