About me...

Hello, my name is Matt Cline. I am twenty years old and I attend the University of South Alabama. I am currently a sophomore and major in Physical Education; teaching and coaching. Throughout my college education, I have learned several different teaching tools I hope to use myself as a teacher and basketball coach. These teaching tools include character, head fake, igoogle, podcasts, and blogs.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blogs

I believe blogging is an important tool to use in the classroom as a teacher, especially for middle school students. I feel this way because technology is such an integral role in most jobs and careers these days so students should learn to use the computer and its resources as early as possible. I am a physical education major, therefore in order to use blogs as a teaching tool I will have to be creative in my assignments for my students. I would use blogs as a communication partnership between students, parents, and myself. Through the blog, students will be able to share their opinions about my physical education class as well as share new ideas with one another on how class projects, games, and exercises can improve and be more fun. Students will learn how blogs can be beneficial by keeping their blogs positive and clean. Also, parents will be able to receive a better understanding of what their children are doing in their physical education classes.

No comments: